We have all been there: hair breakage, split ends, itchy scalp, flakes, no body, no shine, no fun! No one has time for bad hair days, and many shampoos can strip your hair and scalp of its natural protective oils. Luckily, Mother Nature has fantastic hair, and her secret is out! Hemp oil, whether taken internally or simply applied with hemp hair products, is so rich in the Essential Fatty Acids and Proteins that our hair follicles need to produce healthy cells. It is also non-greasy, organic and eco-friendly! Here are some of the benefits you can expect to enjoy when using hemp oil:
- Strengthens & Prevents Breakage, when we are experiencing hair breakage and split ends, it is because our body is lacking a Protein called Keratin. Hemp is packed full of Keratin, and so helps strengthen and restore the cellular structure in your hair. Additionally, because hemp is so moisturizing, it also improves the elasticity in your hair, which will prevent breakage due to brittleness.
- Stimulates Growth & Prevents Loss, hair needs an Essential Fatty Acid called Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA) in order to grow. The more GLA we provide it with, the faster it will grow. By using hemp oil, which is rich in GLA, your hair can grow quickly and healthfully. It can also help prevent hair loss by moisturizing your hair and scalp, helping to ease dryness, eczema and irritation. Hemp oil can also help repair damaged membranes on your scalp.
- Adds Moisture & Luster, Hemp oil effectively penetrates hair and skin, to deliver the Essential Fatty Acids, Vitamin E and Protein right where we need them, without that greasy feeling. It dramatically softens hair, while also relieving any tightness and itchiness in the scalp. Additionally, the ceremides found in hemp oil serve to protect the moisture and protein levels in your hair, which is especially helpful during the dry winter months.
Hemp oil really is one of the best and most cost effective ways to care for your hair. Don’t just take our word for it, though! Try our hemp shampoo & conditioner set made here in Canada, or this recipe from Natural Oils for Hair for a Hemp Oil Hair Mask:
- Pour 5 tablespoons of hemp seed oil, 3 tablespoons of honey, 5 tablespoons of avocado oil, a banana and 5 – 10 drops of rosemary or eucalyptus essential oil into a blender.
- Blend together thoroughly. If you live in a dry/humid environment, leave out the honey or you can replace with 3 tablespoons of your favorite deep conditioner.
- Apply the mask to hair, cover with a cap and wait for about ½ an hour, then rinse out and style.Amounts can be increased or decreased depending on the length of your hair. In order to reap the full benefits, stick to the routine for 3 – 6 months. For optimum results, add hemp to your daily diet with hemp oil capsules or with one of our delicious recipes.